Did you notice that when you try setting up Wireless Canon Printer with the new router, you face several challenges? Especially when there is a deadline on your head and the previous router is not working properly. So, it shows that one should know how to deal with such situations.
Moreover, when you switch to the new router, the Wi-Fi network also changes. There is a possibility that this network speed will be much faster as compared to the previous one and work on the new frequencies such as 5GHz with a new SSID. This shows that if you want to set up Canon printer via wireless network, then you have to reconnect it.
There are several steps that you need to follow to set up Canon Pixma printerto a new router.
- Firstly, you should examine whether your new router is in working condition. If you forgot about it, make a note of the credentials of your new router to safeguard your Network.
- Turn on your printer and use the main control panel to search for the networking settings menu. This procedure varies as per the printer version. Few have displayed BB d physical tabs, and others, touchscreen. Including a few of the applications on your cell phone
- For detailed instructions specific to each model, refer to the company’s website or the handbook.
- Usually, the Network, Wi-Fi, or Wi-Fi settings are what you’re looking for.
- Look for the SSID of the new router in the Wi-Fi settings menu. If you’re unsure, check the sign on the router, handbook, or your manufacturer’s website.
- Select it when you’ve located it.
- Enter the Wi-Fi credentials when prompted. That will be the one you choose while setting up the router or the default setting, which you may find on the sticker on the router, in the manual, or online at the maker’s website.
- It may be a good idea to modify your Wi-Fi password in the router’s administrative settings if you’re using the default one. Switching your Wi-Fi password might aid in protecting your Network from malware or hacker attacks.
- If everything is in order, the printer should link to the Wi-Fi connection and provide you with some sign that it has accomplished so in a split second. From that point on, it frequently displays a connection strength sign anywhere on the screen to represent how powerful the connection is.
- Once you’ve linked your printer, it’s a good idea to print a quick test page from a device that is also connected to the Network. You may have to connect the printer to the computer or another device in order to accomplish this, though.
Also, you don’t have to rejoin your printer after switching routers if you don’t want to print wirelessly. However, you will require a wired connection if you want to utilize the printer afterwards.
How to Install Printer Driver?
You can use the Internet to reach our website and download the most recent printer driver for the specific model.
The steps for downloading the downloadable printer driver are described in this section.
- Double-click the downloaded disc image file.
- The drive is mounted as the file is unzipped.
Installer launch Process Begins
- Double-click “PrinterDriver XXX YYY.pkg” in the unzipped disc (“XXX” is the model and “YYY” is the version).
Run the installer
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver.
- Click Continue after reading the user agreement when it displays on the screen. You probably wouldn’t be able to download this software unless you accept the terms of the usage agreement.
Choosing a location for installation
- Change the installation location if necessary, and then click Continue.
Installing on-going process
- Press Install.
- Enter the administrator’s username and password when the login page appears, and then select Install Software.
Complete installation process
- Click Close after reading the installation’s success message.
The printer driver installation is now complete. Now, you can try to conduct the installation process on your own. However, if you are one of those who are googling on the web with phrases like Canon TS6000 Setup Windows Computer, Set up Canon printer on Mac, or Canon printer on Windows 1, and then you landed at the right place. You can connect with the expert for further assistance in such queries. The expert will not only solve the query but will also give you a brief about the process that will help you in expanding your knowledge concerning the Canon printer setup, connection, and application processes.