Epson printer is a well known brand for printers. It is widely known for providing the big and small businesses, offices and also in homes, for helping in taking out quality printouts, that too at a very affordable rate. This is the reason the users are highly recommended to choose the Epson Printer for their office and work purposes. However, one cannot deny the fact that technologies are tend to face a different kind of error and it is quite usual. There might have been a situation you faced where you were willing to take a printout but were unable to do it, and you received a message displayed saying the Epson Printer has gone offline. This offline status error message can be fixed easily. This issue has been mostly reported by the Epson users. In this blog, we will tell you ways to turn the printer online and will fix this issue in a few minutes. You can contact our printer support team for resolving the Epson Printer Offline issue and we will help you troubleshoot your problem.
Check the Epson Printer Hardware In a Careful Manner-
First and foremost, you are required to make sure that your printer’s status is on. You can check this via the model light that will inform you about your printer’s status.
If you have a wired printer, make sure that you have connected the printer to your computer system correctly. You need to check both the ends of the connections and confirm if they are firmly attached. Now check to see if your cable has a damage that is known.
However, if you are using a wireless printer, make sure that you have connected to the network properly. And then, correctly check if the wireless connection of the Espon Printer Device by running the test of wireless connectivity of your Epson printer.
Follow the instructions that are given below if you are looking forward to getting the printer status on or for the connection report:
- Input the mode of Set up
- Select the Network Settings
- Now, choose the Confirm Network Settings
- Then, confirm the status of your connection
- Look for the IP address message of your printer.
If you want to take a print test, you need to click on the “Start” option. Your Epson printing device will help with printing the status page of your printer.
Read more: Advantages Of Using A Epson Printer At Home
Update the Epson Printer Software –
After you have checked the connection of your printer, you need to check if you have installed the printer software that is updated to its current version. To check the software, you need to follow the steps given below.
Deactivating of the Security Software–
- In the area for windows notification, look for the icon of your antivirus program.
- Then right click on that icon and look for options such as stop, and disable, and others carefully.
- If you are not able to find any option, go to the antivirus software and look at how some of the options can help you with deactivating the security software.
Set your printer as the default printer-
- Select the option of “Start”.
- Click on the “Control panel”.
- Go to the printers and devices”.
- Right click on the Epson printer in the list provided.
- Set the button as the default printer by placing a click on it.
Install the Windows Update of KB3147458-
There has been the release of an update by the Microsoft to help the users resolve the printer issues that the users have been facing quite a lot. The Update KB3147458 helps you in preventing various errors such as the Epson Printer Offline Message error from your wireless. Check your computer device Instantly and see if you have installed the KB3147458 update. You can do so by following these simple steps: –
- Go to the desktop button and put the windows update in the area of search.
- Click on the “search” option if you see any updates in the list.
- Select the windows update and click on the advanced option in the window to update and for security.
- In the advanced Instantly window options, select and view the history of the update.
- You can see the updates installed, here, look for KB3147458 in the list.
- If you cannot find the KB3147458 in the list, go to the official site at Microsoft.com and look for the windows update KB3147458.
- Now correctly download and install it.
- Then, restart your device after you have successfully installed the update. Check to see if the error still exists.
- If you have installed the KB3147458 update successfully, then uninstall your Epson printer for one more time and then re install it.
You have now resolved your Epson Printer Offline Message error completely.